My 2yr old girl is itchy/or in pain...she's fine when i take diaper off ? any ideas?? it's 4 in the morning

hello...My toddler just turned 2 and recently been woke up freaking out cause she wanted me to take her diaper off....i did and she was fine i cleaned her and changed her into a new diaper but is still complaining about it....she says "caca" so i can take it off....she keeps touching the diaper like her part is either itchy or in pain....I'm not sure what is wrong, this is keeping her up at night for like hours until exhausted she falls asleep crying? I'm not sure what to do ...will take her to the doctor's tomorrow....but has anyone heard about this....I'm soo clueless right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like someone is just tired of her diapers. try potty training her she is at that age. Get her pull-ups that look like real big girl undies. If it was "itchy" or "in pain" it would be the same with the diaper off...I say go buy the pull-ups and see if that works. and if there is no irritation from the looks of her then I say try that then take her to the dr.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• May be a urinary tract infection.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter has very sensitive skin and will have problems if I give her juice. Have you checked between her lips for any redness like a rash possibly starting?
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• this may sound gross, but plain, unsweetened yogurt is very soothing down there for girls. Use it as a diaper cream all over (it won't hurt anything) (assuming she isn't allergic to yogurt) and it may provide temporary relief of whatever is causing her discomfort. Little girls can get yeast infections too. Warm moist environments are yeast playgrounds, so try keeping the diaper off for a while. Who knows if that is what is going on or not, but unitl you get to the dr, this might soothe her temporarily.
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 5:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thank you ladies I took all your answers into consideration...I called the doctor and told me to wait how it went tonight after a good warm bath....but i really appreciate your input...have a wonderful night
    mysweetgirl76

Answer by mysweetgirl76 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2009