why wont he sleep???

my son is almost 7 month old that will not sleep through the night i just changed him from breast feeding to formula and he is waking up more than when he was a new born im going crazy can some one help me??? PLEASE

butler4779

Asked by butler4779 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a almost 2 year old and she has never slept through the night. I guess I just thought it was normal to an extent. maybe I should be doing something different..lol
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My DD is now waking up in the night as well. She's 8 months. Can you go back to breastfeeding? I find that that helps me sleep. I'll just bring her to my bed, put her beside me and lift my shirt. Then I'm back asleep and she's nursing and going back to sleep too.
    My 4 and 3 yr old's don't sleep through the night, not sure you wanted to hear that!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son started waking up aagin at about 7 months too! He was still feeding at the time so in his case it had nothing to do with food. I spoke with few people wit kids and they said it was normal. It lasted about a month or so and then he started sleeping again. The doctor said whenever they get close to reaching a developmental milestone it can mess up their sleep patterns for some reason and right about then was when my son started standing.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• this may sound harsh, but sometimes you gotta let em cry. My son started waking up after sleeping through the night for month. One day we just decided to let him cry, and it only took about 10 minutes before he was fast asleep. This went on for only 2 days, and he's never gotten up since. With my youngest son we use a sound machine and it takes about 30 seconds before he's alseep at night, and he never gets up.
    kittiselly28

Answer by kittiselly28 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my kids arent good sleepers and crying it out is never an potion. i just learn to deal with little to no sleep. they arent going to be little forever, so you know it wont last too long. ahhh the joys of mother hood.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009