WORKING OUT WHILE PREGNANT;

can you work out while pregnant?

i'm 7 weeks pregnant & would love to

go work out with my mom at the gym..

is this posible?

new.mommie.8.19

Asked by new.mommie.8.19 at 7:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 30 weeks & have been working out since before I got pregnant - I use the eliptical machine 3-6 days a weeks. My Dr told up I could continue my work out routine. She said that there are studies that women who work out during pregnancy have an easier time with labor & delivery - I'm hoping that's true :-)
    lvbzcts

Answer by lvbzcts at 8:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ok so what machines are ok to use?
    and for how long
    new.mommie.8.19

Answer by new.mommie.8.19 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes, I'm 30 weeks and exercise/lift light weights every other day. So long as you are in good physical condition and were before you got pregnant, you should be fine. Your body will let you know when you're doing too much. A few months back, I was doing a video and got really dizzy. I just stopped exercising and waited till the next day. Just make sure your pulse doesn't go over 140 while working out and you drink a lot of water. I just went on a 2 mile hike yesterday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Best not to use any machine that strains your back or your stomach area, stay away from abs workouts and maybe scale down from your normal routine. Since you're still in the 1st trimester, I'd take it easy, since that's when so many things can go wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Heck yeah, go to the gym! Just stay off anything that has you lying on your back, and go with what's comfortable as your pregnancy progresses. Just don't let yourself get light headed, listen to your body, and take water with you. You'll be surprised how fast you get winded; don't let it get your down. Your body is already working very hard! I kept road biking until I was about 34 weeks, and hit the gym throughout my pregnancy, as well as walking even after my water broke. Just go easy and listen to your body. Congratulations!!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2009