What do u think?

My hubby bullied(in a nice way) me into naming our daughter Maura Grace..not only him but tons of ppl did...WDYT? I am having second thoughts and she is 2 months.

ToriluvsMookie

Asked by ToriluvsMookie at 7:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its a very pretty name...what do you not like about it?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you honestly don't like it then there is a way to change it, but maybe you could grow to like it? Personally I would talk to your husband and family about it.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 7:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well idk i think the bad thing is the nickname might be Maury....Buit if anyone tries to call her that I guess I could correct them! lol
    ToriluvsMookie

Answer by ToriluvsMookie at 7:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it is a very nice name. I did not like my oldest sons name when we first named him it. Now he is 11 and I could not think of calling him anything else.

I think that names are really hard and that it does take some getting used to. I would talk to your husband and maybe come to a compromise. With me since my husband named our first child, we went with the name I like for the second child. With our 3rd we had a much harder time agreeing on a name, but in the end we found one.

Also, if someone starts calling her a nick name you don't like, just correct them. I know that my oldest son is Jared, and I hated the nick name Jerry. We came up with our own nick name for him.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you already have a better name in mind, then, change it A.S.A.P. It's very close to my best friend's daughter, Meira Grace. I like your daughter's name, it's okay. Good luck deciding on what to do.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it's too late. Just leave it, it's cute.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it's beautiful...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I love the name. Maura is traditional but very "new" sounding, without being left field wacky. It works for a small child and a grown adult.
    Anonymous