Do you co-sleep?

Me and my husband would sleep with our kids when they were babies. My youngest is 8 months and starts out in her crib and comes to our bed only if she wakes up. Our 3 and 4 yr olds have always come to our bed if they've woken up in the night. We have a Queen size bed and it's getting smaller as the kids get bigger! We don't mind though, we actually like to wake up in the night with a child climbing into our bed and asking for a snuggle or what not.
Do you co-sleep with your kids?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not any more. When they were little if they came into our bed we would let them. Now they are 11, 9, and 7 and usually sleep in their own beds. They still come into our room on Sunday mornings and we lay in bed and talk for about 1 hour.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes! We have co-slept with our kids since they were babies. They are 5 and 7 now and most nights they sleep in their own beds in their own rooms. However they on occasion do come in with me and hubby. They both slept with us from the time they were born until they were 3. In spite of what I was told I didn't have any trouble getting them to move to their own beds, nor are they clingy etc.. in fact both are very well adjusted independent little people.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 7:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yeah..My daughter is almost 2 and i love it..Sure the kicks in the face suck but she is just to darn cute to leave lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We did co-sleep with our 3rd. She's 21 now and incredibly self-confident, well-adjusted, etc. She even talks about dorm mates, and now apartment roommates in terms of saying she wishes she had more neuroses and personality problems so that she isn't always the one who understands what's going on and is turned to for advice/counseling on how to work things out. ... Being attachment-parented and home-schooled gave her MORE independence and more "socialization skills" than otherwise.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I didn't for 2 reasons. I was worried I would roll on him, and every sound or movement he made I would wake up, and then heck him and end up waking him on acccident. I had him in a basinett next to the bed but I would wake him up there too. I moved him to his crib at about 2 months and he started sleeping almost all night, and before he was waking up every 2-3 hours.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Nope. The closest we came was their crib was in our room for a while. Man..everyone slept so much better when in their own rooms!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Nope. I couldn't. I never once fell asleep with him in my bed, yet for the first 2 months after he was born, I'd wake up thinking I had and I would be frantically searching for him in my bed, thinking I suffocated him. It was horrible!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes, we've co-slept with all of them. They don't come in my room unless they are sick or having a bad dream. My youngest is still in our bed.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I tried co-sleeping about 5 years ago and it was not easy! I felt like I never got a good night sleep. I was always sleeping with one eye open to be sure my son was ok. When I finally got him out of my bed I was SO relieved and slept GREAT! No more kids in my bed!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009