He PROMISED me he'd be out of the house, how to drive him out? I'M SO ANGRY.

My father is staying over, and quite honestly I hate him, I'm 18 by the way and husband's away. He basically invited himself and is treating this as his own house and he promised me he'd be out today because I've got so much to do, and I just need some peace, and you know what he's refusing to move. He says he has work to do! He doesn't even go to fucking work. And I've tried talking to him calmly but sometimes he gets violent so I can't wind him up that much. Please, advice I'm desperate. I just want my house back and him OUT. NOW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• He sounds like a user and unstable since he doesnt work and just invited him over. I would start contacting some homeless shelters if he has no where to stay and put him on the list. Then I would call the police and explain that youre scared of him bc he is sometimes violent and he refuses to leave your home and hes a squatter. Tell the police you already contacted homeless shelters who will take him in and you need them to come remove him from your home and send him on his way.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Call the police and have him removed...short of that I dont see him going anywhere.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• see if it were me i would be throwing his shit out the door, but you said he can be violent and you don't want to push him so i don't want any harm to come to you i would do what chaotic said and call the police
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What made him think that he could stay for even one night?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i agree with Kat122. if you don't want him there, why did you let him in? how 'bout when he goes to "work" you throw his stuff outside, lock the door, and don't let him back in.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Why is he there? Is something wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ask him to leave. Let him know if he's not out by a certain time, you will be contacting the police.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

•  GemGem hit the nail on the head. Get on the phone right now and find homeless shelters. Don'T do anything further about the shelters, just make a list of them to give to the police when they get there and tell them about his violent tendencies. Its YOUR  HOME and there should never should be fear in your own home. Please be careful, Do not confront him at all. Stay calm

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• CALL THE POLICE! Its your dang house.
    Momof4Gr8Kids

Answer by Momof4Gr8Kids at 9:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Get religion and use it to your advantage. If you aren't affiliated with any one church call on a minister that is nondenominational, explain you situation and let him take it from there. He should know of homeless shelters or mental health resources to move your dad on into. and you come out looking as though all you want to do is "help".
    DLovesT

Answer by DLovesT at 9:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009