cross stitch

Does anyone else do this and where do you get your patterns and stuff? I have looked at walmart,joann fabrics all the stores in my area and none of them sell cross stitch any more.

sweetpamom29

Asked by sweetpamom29 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_8?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=cross+stitch+kits&sprefix=cross+st

Amazon.com has some beautiful kits and supplies. I'm sure you can find others online, but I like to shop at amazon since only one site has my credit card info. Jo-ann.com may be the site if you'd like to try directly from the site. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• is there a michael's nearby....they normally have a good selection...if not, ask them if they know of any specialty craft stores that might have what you need...you can also ask the people that work at fabric stores about who might have something...good luck!!
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 12:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Joann Fabrics have a decent supply. There are a lot of good online sites as well www.allstitchedup.com and www.crosscountrystitching.com. At the second website you can get a free magazine and catalog.
    Anonymous

• I search for patterns at TheStitchery.com, then I usually go to ebay or amazon and search for the actual name of the pattern, can normally find a lower price there. I used to use Joann's and Michael's, but neither of them have the selections they used to. Currently TheStitchery.com has 541 counted cross stitch patterns
    Leisita

Answer by Leisita at 2:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• There are many on-line cross stitch shops. do a search and you will find them. You can also search for one close to you to go to. AC Moore and Michaels have the general cross stitch. If you are looking for a special designer like JUST NAN, or LAVENDER AND LACE AND SO MANY MORE, you should look for a cross stitch specialty shop. When I visit Tennessee I go to Dixie  Darlin's  and they have an online shop or Strawberry Sampler or Just Cross Stitch. All are stores too. It depends where you live. Contact me with any questions. I was a cross stitch addict. I have many patterns from many places.

seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 5:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• www.dmc-usa.com www.freepatterns.com www.lionbrand.com this one as free patters and you just type in what you are looking for. www.talkingcrochet.com and sign up for their newsletter
    I hope this helps you.
    ksqueen

Answer by ksqueen at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• you can try stitcherscloset.com they have several kits, leaflets, books and also sell threads, cloth, and other misc. things for counted cross-stitch, and they also offer free shipping in the united states with a $35 order. hope this helps and have a great day.
    nea1963

Answer by nea1963 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2009