What is the best way to deal with separation anxiety?

My son screams when I am out of his sight! I need some separation for my mental health.

thethrashersmom

Asked by thethrashersmom at 6:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through that with a couple of my kids, and learned from experimineting that if they saw a photo of me or had something that smelled like me they dealt with it much easier. And I would call ever so often so that they could hear my voice and not feel abandoned.
    rozepetalz

Answer by rozepetalz at 6:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• The best way to deal with this is to just re assure your son and alway go to him. This is difficult but it is a sign that your bond is strong. My son went through this and also every stranger he saw he would cry. It took about a month and now he is ok. Just go to him let him know mama is there
    Anonymous

• I went through this with my daughter not to long ago.. what i did was i would have my mom watch her for short periods like id go to the store for an hour and get what i needed here and there.... or id go pick up dinner.. somthing... after awhile she got better...hope it all works out for you =)
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 7:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008