27 weeks 2 days, intense pain in abdomen. Braxton Hicks?

They've been coming on and off and for about an hour now. I haven't had braxton hicks so far. They're every 8 mins or so. And when they come I can barely breathe because it hurts so much. I'm on bedrest, is this braxton hicks? At beginning I thought it was nothing because it wasn't very intense, but now it's really really hurts. Oh god, here comes another one.

tripletmomtobe

Asked by tripletmomtobe at 8:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try drinking a glass of water. if that does not help call your ob...your apparently on bedrest for a reason so I'm assuming that something like this you should really call your ob.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• With pain this bad, call the OB now. Maybe just calling will ease the pain a bit. Please check back here when you can and let us know?

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• why is everything call the ob NOW? sometimes you can solve the problem on your own...most braxton hicks contractions are caused by dehydration and poor circulation...i would have told her to walk around a bit but she is on bed rest. Drinking a glass of water is recommended when having braxton hicks...these things point to labor or not. If these things dont stop or slow them down then its real labor.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well if it is real labor they tell you not to call until they are 5 minutes apart its your call
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It could be ligament pain (your body stretching), gas, heartburn....but if they are regular then that's not Braxton Hicks. From what I know Braxton Kicks contractions are irregular. Labor contractions are regular. Don't hesitate to call your doctor though - that's what they're paid for!
    doublethejoy616

Answer by doublethejoy616 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you wait too long and don't call the dr. then if it is real labor they may not be able to stop it. If it is strong pain then you need to call the dr asap! Waiting will not help or stop labor! If you are already on bed rest you are already high risk and need to treat everything as such!!!!!! CALL NOW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009