any one else have pins & needles in your hands?

For the past week or so I've been getting pins & neddles in my hands - well now they aren't going away. In both my ring and middle finger on both hands I have constant pins & needles & it's starting to drive me crazy!

lvbzcts

Asked by lvbzcts at 8:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• poor circulation?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 8:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did experience this with my first pregancy and it was actually carpal tunnel brought on by the pregnancy. It became pregressive worse during the pregnancy but went away about six weeks after delivery.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• maddiemygirl is right, but so is chaoticsoul; I suffered the same thing with the same results. It is brought on by swelling that cuts off circulation. Try limiting your salt intake and soda, too. It will help, but probably not go away entirely until your body flushes out the excess fluids it retains during pregnancy. Blessings to you and your baby! Carleen
    burnsbct

Answer by burnsbct at 9:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I get tingles from poor circulation when I lay down or sit too long, but tingling in just hands and feet is an early detection sign of diabetes. If you havent been tested for gestational diabetes I'd get it done. Babies born to diabetic mothers have a tendency to be record brakers, just last week in Los Angeles a 14 lb baby was born to a diabetic mother. She had to have an emergency cecarean and it took two drs to lift the baby out of her. You dont want to try to push a 14 lb baby out of your vagina for 15 hrs do you?
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Carpal Tunnel Syndrom can brought on my pregnancy. It's actually rather common. I suffer from it even when I'm not pregnant, so it's nothing new to me. There are natural treatments for it that might help. Usually it's caused by swelling in the wrists which puts pressure on the a nerve in the carpal tunnel. There are lots of sites on natural treatment, like wrist braces or vitamins, but check with your doctor before starting treatment to see if it's safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My outside three fingers tingle like crazy off and on. This is my third pregnancy and it has happened with all three pregnancies. Sometimes a spinal adjustment will help, sometimes it won't. But it always goes away after birth!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 4:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009