How old is to old to take a shower with your daughter?

Just curious of others opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think 7 years old and a little boyturning 3.
    Anonymous

• Whenever someone gets uncomfortable with it. Someone being either the mother or the daughter. At some point the daughter at least is going to want some privacy. I don't think there is a magic or an arbitrary age.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I never bathe with my dautgher's. It is difficult to explain to them why I look "different" then they do in many areas, so I avoid bathing with any of my kids after a year old.
    rozepetalz

Answer by rozepetalz at 6:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When they start asking questions of why you have things she doesn't have yet then you know it's too old.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think 4 and under for oposite gender for same gender 5 and under
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My daughter is 9 and even though we don't bathe together she still comes into my bathroom all the time while I am getting dressed or in the shower...If it is all just normal to them they don't ask questions about it...Good Luck and God Bless...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• you should be happy to answer any questions your child has and stasrt it from a young age anyway! That way you will have clear communication and your children will confide in you rather than their friends!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Its a personal choice and how comfortable you are with it.
    If the child asks questions, be honest.
    My Daughter walked in while I was on the potty and asked me why I had hair down there and she did'nt, I simply told her its what adults have. That she'll start developing when she gets older, she simply smiled, said ok and walked away. It was that simple!
    Anonymous