Need some good appetizer recipes

I'm a new Art Gallery manager & have my first exhibit opening next Sunday. For this I need to supply &/or make the treats/food. So: I need recipes/ideas.

Here's my requirements:

* Budget: $0 or whatever I want to have come out of my pocket which is cheap cheap cheap! I can ask some of my board members or volunteers to help.

* Must be easy to prepare. Finger foods. Can't be anything served hot or cold. NO seafood

* Easy NON-messy finger foods that can be eaten while viewing the exhibit.

* Fun & elegant?

* Again: cheap

Iced tea, lemonade & water are always served & MAYBE coffee

I'm already thinking of making the Oreo Truffles with the crushed Oreos dipped in chocolate.

redfairy41

Asked by redfairy41 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• im concerned with this you have no budget and it is food that can't be served hot or cold and no seafood. buy alot of popcorn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• okay.. buy 3 packs of crescent rolls...
    1 1/2-2 cups cream cheese
    pepperonis

dice up the peps in tiny pieces and mix with the cream cheese.
    tear the crescent rolls into little pieces depending on how big or small you want them and put some of the cream cheese/peps in the middle and close them. kinda like pizzi rolls :)

bake at whatever the crescent roll package says but add about 2 more minutes id say.
    soooo easy and my hubby loves them.. and he eats them cold too he doesn't care :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you can also add whatever other ingrediants you would like in these.. if you want variety
    krazyash023

• rofl at previous poster. now that is out..ummm rice krispy treats?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Non-messy includes chips and pretzels, carrot and celery slices. Cheese cubes and crackers although the cheese is a bit questionable as far as sitting out at room temp for many hours. toothpicks with cheese cubes, cucumber slice or small pickle, cherry tomato for color.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My $0 budget is because we're a non-profit gallery & I dont' get a budget for food so everything must be supplied by either me or some of my volunteers or board members. Most of the gallery openings I've been to is mostly cheese & crackers & cheap wine......
    redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2009