Does most ob/gyn offices close from Decemember 31 til Jan 4??

I just called mine to make an appointment because i was on the pill for 4 months quit taking it and and its been 3 months and no period.. 4 negative pregnancy tests and my mom and sister in law have me freaked out about it. She said she was on the pill for 7 years and it only took her 1 month to get hers back. Ugh I just want to know what the heck is wrong with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• My family practice doctor is closed til the 5th too. I think they deserve it honestly.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• A lot of offices do close for these dates. It doesn't seem to be an emergency- call first thing on Monday. But meanwhile, if you are scared and upset, go to an urgent care clinic- they should be open now, or some family doctors may be. Although I'd think going to your regular ob/gyn would be best of all if you can wait. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• While most OB/GYNs (and many other businesses) close during the last week of the year until New Year's they SHOULD have either Residents or another practice or hospital taking care of problems/questions, and DELIVERIES!

Does your practice's answering machine or service mention who is taking care of their patients during this time? If no, then I would go to a nearby walk-in urgent care facility.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009