MY SIL told me to use digital tests rather than the cheap store brand kind to take a pregnancy test.. that they work better.. is this true?? What are your experiences with these??

I don't think it would be... but i don't know if i should spend that extra money?!

btw i looked at that peeonastick.com site and it really didn't have anything about the pregant or not pregnant tests..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had problems with the cheap ones. With my youngest I tested every single day for 4 weeks and kept getting negatives but I knew I was pregnant. I went to buy another cheap test but they were sold out and a customer told me to stop wasting my money on the cheap tests, because her daughter did and kept getting negatives until she went to CVS and got a digital test and it came back positive. I went and bought one (one that say's pregnant, not pregnant) I tested that morning and it said pregnant. I was 6 weeks along then.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• actually...the cheapo test pick up lower hcg levels than the digital ones..there for being able to tell you when your pregnant SOONER. I have heard from MANY woman that bought the dollar store pregnancy test that they found out about there pregnancies up to 2 wks before their missed periods!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I always used to el cheapos. Worked right every time.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I used the cheap ones and when I went to the health dept to have a test they told me thats what they use LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 9:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i always used the cheap ones too....worked every time and i was able to test b4 i missed my period. no point spending lots of money on something you'll just pee on. you'll have to get another test at the dr's office anyways.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I loved the digital ones. When I would use the one with one or two lines, i would find myself saying " i think i see another line do you because sometimes the other line was so faint if it was a little early. I used digital and would know right away about a week before missing my period. If you don't care about testing early and can wait to miss a period than the cheap ones will work just the same.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 9:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well bascially i got off the pill after 4 moths of beign on it.. its been 3 months.. still no period and ive taken 4 hpt still nothing.. so shes telling me to try a digital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• With my son, I used a cheap one and found out with I was 2 weeks along, but i was wondering if that was 2 lines of just 1. With this one, I used a digital one and found out during the 2nd week as well, but there was no doubt I was pregnant. So both work, it's all up to you. If you don't believe one, try the other. You can get coupons for them if cost is a concern too. I get them all the time and they help the price be comparable. If you are having a hard time with the cheap, it might be cheaper to go get the digital one and use that instead of continuing to buy cheaper ones. You can also buy packs of multiple tests. I have one at home that had 3 (still have 2 left), and they don't expire until 2011.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I love them and wont use anything else. If you buy a 5 pack of the clear blue they are about $20 which is cheaper than buying separately. Theres no questions with them. You either are or your not. No "I think theres a line" or "there was a line but it faded" IMO YES they are wayyy worth the money.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't think it really matters. I use the the regular tests (not the ones that say pregnant/not pregnant) but the ones with the lines. I've never had a problem reading them and my friend took 2 of the Clear Blue Easy tests and they both came back error but I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference.
    mcquistionmom2

Answer by mcquistionmom2 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009