dh leaving me for 4 days due to work... alone with 4 kids arrggghhh.

so dh found out his work wants him and another guy to drive to meriland ( sp ) fix a truck and come back on wed. hes leaving crack of dawn on sun. we need the money but i cant sleep when hes not in the house. and i will have no one to talk to. so bummed. and my 3 year old is pushing buttons big time so i look forward to him coming home to talk about our days. he will even rub my feet to make me feel better awwww. FOUR DAYS... gonna be a long 4 days..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• yea i have 3...i think id go insane.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Aw, yes it is a long time. My husband went on travel a lot all the years that our sons were growing up. I know the feeling of not feeling safe at night if he isn't there. What I did was put sleeping bags on my bedroom floor and had the boys sleep there, it was a little adventure for them, and it comforted me to have them all in the same room. Of course I didn't explain that to them. They just looked forward to camping in. :) Other things we did was eating at a family restaurant, or picnicking- fun things to make the time go faster.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i feel for you hun my hubby took a job 4 hrs away and not sure how often he will be able to come home being he trying to find us a house there i have 3 kids 6, 4, and 1. i cant wait till school starts again so the 2 older ones will be out of my hair for awhile. if you ever need someone to chat with hit me up....bonniejou030507 thats my id for yahoo and msn messenger
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• awww thank you ladies so sweet and good idea's when my 3 year old was 6 weeks old dh had to leave for a week i creid when i droped him off at the airport i was sad and worried. but he did call everynight. i just know my youngest will drive me nuts lol and i will be lonely for my adult talk. and lack of sleep lol. i just cant sleep when hes not in the house i just lay there wishing i was asleep.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• sealed lip

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Honey, My DH works in the oil fields and is gone A LOT.. my of his jobs keep him out for at least 4 day. It is hard but you can do it. If I am having a hard time sleeping I will call my DH and tell him I love him and talk to him for a few min. By the time I get off the phone with him I am relaxed enough that I can go to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Make it a positive in your life! Invite a friend or relative to stay with you while he is gone. Get a babysitter to watch your child so you can sleep during the day if you aren't at night. Fix meals you love that he won't eat. Take your preschooler out for supper. Go see a movie with him/her. Make it a mini vacation for you and your child. If you can visit someone else overnight, do it. I couldn't sleep when my kids were young and my husband was away. I took them to my MIL and had a nice break with her and got a really good night's sleep. It's all in the way you look at it.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'll be alone with my son and a newborn in 6 months for 6 months after being alone with my son for 6 months before that, but we planned it. Doens't make it easier. Army life is what it is. Good luck with your kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009