Divorce

I am considering divorcing my husband. We have had problems right after we got married and we still have problems. He refuses to change refuses counceling and pretty much expects me to change and always tells me I am wrong. Because of the negative ways he treats me I have fallen out of love with him and no longer want to be with him. I don't want to try to work it out with someone who is unwilling to change or unwilling to try to make it work, so I am so done what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep, Id say you're done, especially because you have fallen out of love with him. Move on, good luck to you.

albionel

Answer by albionel at 11:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2011

• well it takes to work on a marriage. so your foced agaisn't a wall. what more can you do?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I am in a similar situation except that I actually got my husband to try counseling and its not working :( Are you pregnant or have children? I am 38 wks pregnant and have pretty much had it with my husband. He won't change and even our marriage counselor says there's little hope for us b/c of his unwillingness to change. Have you given him an ultimatum yet about trying marriage counseling or you are leaving? Even though it hasn't helped me/us, I'd say that you should try everything you can before officially leaving. Although, if you really aren't in love with him anymore, it may not even be worth trying counseling. My plan is to see if the baby's arrival wakes my hubby up at all but Im giving it until 6 months after his/her birth before calling it officially quits. I figure at this point in my pregnancy, leaving would put more stress on me than staying for a bit would...Good luck!
    hap1218

Answer by hap1218 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• When you're done, you're done. Divorce has its consequences, too. Are there any happy moments in your marriage?
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2011