Do you and your husband live in separate homes and continue to maintain a healthy relationship?

We were in a financial rut! A friend of ours suggested that we open a group home for disabled adults for extra income. The catch is that I would have to live at the group home. We agreed. I tripled our monthly salary. The down fall is that I do not live at home with the kids and DH but we do spend each weekend together and I still handle medical appointments.  Are you in the same situation? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Well I personally wouldn't do it because I couldn't bare not be with my DH & kids, but my DH grandparents did live in separate homes when they were married she would even cook for him & take him food to his house lol, they lived like that till he passed away & it worked for them. So I guess it is possible to maintain a healthy relationship living in separate homes. Why don't you & your husband take turns staying at the group home so that way you can be with your kids as well & not only spend each weekend together?. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• we live in a rural area and the only work for my dh is out by his hunting shack so he lives there and I live at our house. we are 40 miles away and see eachother 1 day a week. we have a healthy relationship and make it work. The only way to make it work is to have the right frame of mind and understanding. Be mature and no whining and be grateful everyday of eachother even though your apart.
    Iheartdylan

Answer by Iheartdylan at 12:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• We do make it work. Our intimacy has skyrocketed for the best. And we have at least one date night per month, which is more than we use to have. This arrangement has provided funding for family vacations and little extra's. Although its hard to be available daily, In the long run I will have provided for my family. Honestly, I have no free time for whining and its nice knowing that there are mothers out there who are or were in my situation. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2011