what would you do to lose weight im in a wedding and need help

ok wedding in sep im maitren of honor but i look like a short stumpy blob. i want to lose some arm fat and a few inches on the belly/back and do something to shave a few inches on my legs what would you do? dh said i should use a 2lb dumbell for my arms dont want musles just to have slimmer arms. any good ideas? or exersizes that work even diets. this is for me and the wedding.. anything ideas sujestions i will try and listen xo

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Pilates seriously slims me up SO fast. Get a good pilates dvd (the windsor circle workout is my fav) other than that make sure to go for lots of walks, or run if you'd rather. Also, cut out candy. I always drop a few pounds just by cutting out candy for a week.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree with the above response, pilates works wonders, make sure you do it right and continue doing it. 2 lbs weights will do nothing for you. Women don't build big muscles, it is not possible unless you are a hard core, serious body builder. Weight lifting helps in losing fat because it revs up your metabolism, I would start out with 5 lbs and 3 sets of 8-12 reps on different exercises for different body parts. Walking lunges do wonders for your lower half. You need to make sure that with all your resistance training you work HARD and really feel it or you are doing nothing for yourself. Aerobic exercise is a must as well, you need to get your heart rate up there for at least 20 minutes a day to see any results. The more you exercise the more you lose. But don't forget calories in, calories out. Do not take in more than you expend in one day. Smaller portions and healthy choices is the only way.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What is with all the ads? These people aren't being helpful, all they are doing is advertising their make money scams! I've come across this chocolate one in a few answers.
    Anyway, pilates is very good!
    Anonymous