original sin

How can christians moms believe this. That a baby is born with sin. In Islam we beleive that babys are born pure. This is one of the issues that made me leave christianity and convert to islam. I am not trying to offend any one I am just wondering how someone can honestly hold a new born and say it has sin. It feels like the most purest feeling when you hold a baby. I Just dont understand.

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 6:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• That never made any sense to me either. I look forward to seeing what other people have to say.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am christian but I fully believe that a child is born pure. In my eyes its the things you do in life that makes you a sinner and I will be the first to admit that I sin no one is perfect but a child who is so innocent and pure I do not concider a sin they know no better in what they do.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with JustinScottsMom. My daughter isn't even born yet...aka she hasn't done anything yet. How could she have sinned? I know when I hold her for the first time, there is no way I could ever believe she's sinned. Oh, and I'm a christian.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i am Catholic ,i do not follow every teaching by the book ,but i do believe in the teachings of the Lord and Jesus.I can honestly say in my heart i know that is so untrue,never could something so perfect and miraculous be born anything other then pure and without sin...
    nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I answered the previous question, which is related to this one, first but I have to say I think it is ridiculous to believe that a person would be held responsible for the actions of someone who lived tens-of-thousands of years ago under any circumstances.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is called inherited guilt. "Therefore...sin came into the world through one man and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all men sinned" (Rom. 5:12). The context shows that Paul is not talking about actual sins that people commit every day of their lives, for the entire paragraph (Rom. 5:12-21) is taken up with the comparison between Adam and Christ. And when Paul says, "so death spread to all men because all men sinned," he is saying that through the sin of Adam "all men sinned."

When Adam sinned, God thought of all who would descend from Adam as sinners. Thought we did not yet exist, God, looking into the future and knowing that we would exist, began thinking of us as those who were guilty like Adam. That is also consistent with Paul's statement that "while we were yet sinners Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8). Of course, some of us did not even exist when Christ died. But God nevertheless regarded us as sinners in need of salvation.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When we first confront the idea that we have been counted guilty because of Adam's sin, our tendency is to protest because it seems unfair. We did not actually decide to sin, did we? Then how can we be counted guilty? Is it just for God to act this way?

1) Everyone who protests that this is unfair has also vountarily committed many actual sins for which God also holds us guilty.

2) If we think it is unfair for us to be represented by Adam, then we should also think it is unfair for us to be represented by Christ and to have his righteousness imputed to us by God. "As by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by one man's obedience many will be made righteous" (Rom. 5:19)
    (Grudem, Wayne. Systematic Theology. pages 494-496)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is Man's sin , not solely the newborn . I don't understand how if you convert to Islam all your sins are forgiven , nor getting a bevy of virgins in heaven after killing a bunch of people , etc.. Islam has it's own conundrums .
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 8:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• In Islam the meaning of jihhad means to "struggle" there is the greater jihadd which is a struggle within your self to become better. Islam actually teaches that if you kill one innocent person it as if you killed all humanity. and if you save one person it is if you saved all humanity. Yes there is reward for your religion (only in self defense) as this stuff that people hear about islam isnt the true teachings. your sin are forgiven went you convert to islam because you didnt know you were doing wrong. At least for me before islam lived for myself. Now I am a slave to god
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 8:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• 2) If we think it is unfair for us to be represented by Adam, then we should also think it is unfair for us to be represented by Christ and to have his righteousness imputed to us by God.

I wouldn't agree because I don't believe in sin, but that is a really good point.

Anonymous