how do i get my daughter to use the potty

my daughter savannah will sit there but not do anything what do i do

mommyofangels52

Asked by mommyofangels52 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep taking her... We go to the potty every hour on the hour. Sometimes he goes sometimes he doesn't. When he does we make a big fuss and do the "pee pee" dance... When he doesn't we just put his pants back on and go on with the day.

He's taking a while to catch on because he REALLY doesn't want to use the potty but we're getting there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would do the bathroom runs with her and make a big deal if she goes. Also, I had little treats for when she did go and I told her if you go potty I will give you this. My daughters would get so excited that they would have be do the bathroom runs every hour on the hour. I also brought them the princess panties and I told them how important they were for wearing those panties. They didn't want to get the princess messy so they made sure they told me when they had to go. We did the potty dance also when they went. Even if you have to run to the bathroom every hour on the hour be consistent and don't get frustrated, be patient with her.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 10:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it take time for the to get into the habit. practice, practice, practice going to the potty! She'll get the hang of it!
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 11:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009