Threw Up Water!

Im 10 weeks prego! Yay go me! But have been sicker then a dog. I threw up today for the first time but only had water in my stomach... So it was mainly acid.. Is that bad for the baby? When i try to eat something i feel sicker.. so i try not to eat a whole lot. But i live on saltin crackers but today when i got to work someone ate mine that i left here... I was a little pissed off!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 9:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• naw its not bad for baby... i threw up everything.. stuff that could have been justified as battery acid, to water, baby doesnt actually get "food" from you, but gets the nurishment thru the foods that you eat, and they are soooo small right now, that they dont need that much.. remember, when a baby is born their stomach is the size of a walnut, so right now... its very very tiny... i hate tea but my bf got me some tea from earthmamaangelbaby.com its for morning sickness and wow it made me feel so much better and helped with the acidy stuff.. good luck mama!!!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ewwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I threw up water for 8 days then took 3 days off, thanks to anti-nausea meds, then another 8 days. At that point, they start worrying about the baby's health and your health if you can't eat. You can go to the doctor and explain everything...what you feel like, what you've tried, how often you can eat and what you can eat. Oh. And don't forget to tell them how often you are actually throwing up. That's important too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When I was pregnant I was sick from 2 1/2 mo to like 6 months. The only thing I could keep down was ramen noodles. Water was the worst for me. i always felt dehydrated, so I would drink a bunch of water and within like 3 minutes, I would throw it all back up. My only advice is to just keep trying and hopefully you can keep something down. When about 6 months came for me, it was time to watch out because I could and did eat everything and it always stayed down. Thats when I gained the 50 lbs..lol
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Its called biol.
    I threw up a lot of that with my 1st pregnancy because I couldnt hold anything down. It sounds awful, but it is very healthy for your baby that you throw up during pregnancy. It gets rid of the toxins in your body. I wish it could come up with a nicer way of doing so lol. Sometimes I think our bodies hate us!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it's fine and plenty of women share that same diet when their pregnant!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It's perfectly normal, but if it gets to the point you aren't keeping anything down you need to ask your doctor for some anti-naseau medication.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2009