Is there anything you can do to make your baby drop into your pelvis faster?

Im 34 weeks pregnant, and having a hard time breathing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry Hun! Not much you can do! My babies were all high until I was actually in labor. I know those last days are miserable! It's really up to your body.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I, too, have the same problem. There is nothing that can be done. I have to sleep, at night, on the sofa in a semi-upright position in order to breathe.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• Well walking is supposed to help, It didnt work for me but i know alot of peple who say it does guess it wont hurt to try
    sabrinaford0911

Answer by sabrinaford0911 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I think it just happens when it happens, but I will say that when your baby drops, there is a whole new set of problems down below. It should happen soon. I remember feeling like I had a head coming out the last 2 months of my pregnancy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• i no the feeling im 34 weeks also but i get out of breath even wen i sitting
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• Let mother nature take its course.
    I tried to sit on floor with legs bent down and repeated this, vaccumed more vigoroulsy, ate chilli when i refused to during pregnancy.Hot showers, baths and nothing ever happened.(not even contractions)I even tried jogging on spot for a few minutes a few times over the last 2 weeks.(lightly of course).I had to be induced in the end and have my waters broken:(
    The 2nd time around i just waited and didnt do anything but normal chores and other things and i went into prelabor 1 day before antenatal appt and felt contractions,then admitted whole day and went into labor at night after waters broken
    Angelique_mom

Answer by Angelique_mom at 11:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• Usually gyno or dr can feel if your baby is engaged or not or use the brim method.Youre right its not until you are in established labour when baby drops into pelvis with 1st and sometimes earlier with 2nd and subsequent pregnancies but all depends.some just dont and need C section..not scaring you but its usually going to be fine once you hit your 36th-38th week as you may be relieved once baby drops a little and discomfort will ease a little.
    Angelique_mom

Answer by Angelique_mom at 11:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• thank you all so much. alll these answers help me out! im just a small girl with a big baby growing inside me so shes literally suffocating me :-P! Nature will most definitely take its course i just hope its sooner then later !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2011