Do you think the Novocaine shots the dentist use to numb you with hurts?

For me, it hurts like hell. The first couple shots sting alittle, but the last shot hurts alot. I am beginning to think my dentist is a little rough with his shots. Because i have been to other dentist's whose shots did not hurt as bad. But i have noticed that when i get the Novocaine shots in the upper and front part of my mouth it hurts alot worse than the side or back part of my mouth. Could it be that the front part of your gums especially the upper gums are more sensitive?

mamabear484

Asked by mamabear484 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2011 in Health

• everytime! I'm terrified of the dentist because of those darn shots
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• They can hurt a little. I hate my mouth getting numb!! BUT, last time I went it wasn't all the way numb before they started to drill! I am sure my eyes got as big as a baseball. They just stopped when I made a face and said "You felt that?!" YES! I did. they had to give another shot. Now, I never want to have to get a filling again!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• It does not hurt. My dentist numbs the area first and jiggles my cheek when he or she puts the needle in.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• Na, not really.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• It feels like my dentist just rams it in there. I went to dentist today to get my permanent crown put on and the 3rd shot he gave me made me cry a couple tears. Going to the dentist also affects me for the rest of the day. It like it traumatizes me. I took 2 little crying spells today for no reason at all after going to the dentist this morning. I hate crowns. It feels like my gums never do get fully used to them. But the thing i hate worse is the shots at the dentist office. Especially front teeth.
    mamabear484

Comment by mamabear484 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I hate needles and try to take care of my teeth the best that I can so I can avoid them.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I hate needles, and I especially hate dentists. All the shots in my mouth hurt even if they put a numbing gel on it first. Sorry, it's just not enough.
    I hate the dentist so much, I pay extra to have the gas put on my face. I LOVE the gas....until they start putting needles in my mouth. Can't I just sit there with the gas on my face? Heck, with that stuff on, I do just fine, and almost start to love the dentist...but it is short lived once he begins to give me those dreaded shots. The Glorious Gas does NOT get me to go back....my hate for a dentist Trumps my love of the gas. I am a dentists worst nightmare....thus I'm lucky if I will go once a year. I brush and floss like crazy though just to keep my teeth and gumbs as healthy as can be.
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I been trying to stray away from my regular dentist, because he is getting rough. His shots hurts more than they used to. I went to another dentist back in Aug. to get s simple filling, and he told me i needed a root canal done on that tooth. I thought that was strange, so i went back to my regular dentist and he told me i just needed a crown on it, so i let him do that crown and it hurt. But i know a root canal would have been more horrible.
    mamabear484

Comment by mamabear484 (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2011