Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think i might have done something bad!

I have already done research but I still cannot convince myself to go to the hospital. Well me and my DH where wrestling around on New Years Even and well he dropped me on my neck and the wrest of my body weight came crashing down on it, and i herd a large crack. Well yesterday i could hardly move my neck and it was really painful, and then today it still hurts but i woke up this morning and my whole neck is swollen. I thought it was muscle strain, but now I am starting to think twice. I would love to hear your opinons, i dont want to waste a trip to the doctor for muscle strain.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

Answers (12)
  • dont go to a normal doctor go to a chiropractor. :)

    Answer by krazyash023 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Don't screw around that close to your brain. Go to the Dr. It might be muscle strain, but it might also be a fracture. Your spine and brain stem are not the place to risk swelling!

    Answer by AnnieMcD at 10:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • You should go get it looked at. You could have messed up a nerve or something in your spine close to your neck. If you dont get treated then it could become more severe.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • really your neck is probably just out of place and quick adjustment from a chiropractor will do the trick.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • My friend is a trained massage therapist (they take a lot of college anatomy courses)

    She says you need to go to a doctor (or chiropractor) IMMEDIATELY.  This is very possibly a broken transverse process (which means a small piece of your vertabrae) may have broken off.  If it begins to heal wrong it is impossible to reset. 

    To reiterate ... GO TO A DOCTOR, IMMEDIATELY


    Answer by AnnieMcD at 10:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • I wouldn't go to a Chiropractor, because they can sometime cause more pain than you would want to. The emergency Doctor's will charge you an arm an a leg. Sounds like you may have fractured something and I would go and get it checked with a doctor, try an orthopedic doctor that deals with sports injuries and injuries dealing with bones and fractures. If you have insurance schedule something with an orthopedic doctor. You don't want to wait too long, because spinal and neck injuries aren't the best to have and can be life threatening at times.

    Answer by SimplyCreative at 10:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • I would see an MD...FIRST, not a Chiropractor...they are NOT medical doctors! When dealing with spinal cord related injuries, I would not put my trust in a person who is not a board certified doctor, who may cause even MORE damage via manipulations.

    I've seen first hand the damage they can cause.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 10:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • UM, I would just go to the ER. A neck injury is very serious.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Go to the ER or urgent care clinic and get an x-ray, or to your family doctor if they do an x-ray there. You need medical attention now. If it is a break then you really need care right now. Get some help before it gets worse. And please let us know what happens?

    Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • A good chiropractor will not work on you until they have done x-rays, so they would see if there were a break and not work on you. With that said, I would go to the ER. Neck and spinal injuries are very serious. Don't wait any longer, and be incredibly careful until you get the all clear from a dr.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 11:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
calling all nurses

Next question overall (Hobbies & Crafts)
HOw do I make a bow tie?