how do i get an overdue baby to come out?

I am 5 days over due and the dr has a csection scheduled for Friday bc on vbacs they cant induce, i dont want another csection how can i get this baby out??!!

momma_tasha

Asked by momma_tasha at 6:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WALK AROUND THE BLOCK! It may be uncomfortable, but walking and drinking a lot of water will help your labor be much easier and help the baby "drop" into position. WALK HONEY WALK!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yes walk walk walk walk walk....and REMEMBER what you DO or DONT want may not be SAFE for your baby!! I wish you the best of luck!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• eggplant and gorgonzola cheese , in a meal together .. seriously tried EVERYTHING else and that worked for me . Coincidence , maybe but yummy none the less.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 8:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• They say having sex can make the baby come out because it causes you to have contractions, but I don't know how believable it is. Walking is good though. =]
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 8:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• First, there is no reason for a c-section (or induction) unless there are signs of fetal distress. Tell your doctor you want to give the baby longer to come out and ask to be closely monitored, if you really don't want the c-section. If there is no immediate risk to the fetus there is no way they can force you into a c-section. Most, MOST, babies will come out in their own time. My son was 1 week and 5 days late, and perfectly healthy and I know women who have gone as long as 44 weeks.

Now for things that work, talk to your doctor about the proper way to use nipple stimulation.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Your doctor should know this already, but your baby is not truly over-due. Tell your doctor to wait until 42 weeks. After 42 weeks then you would be considered past. I hope something works out. I would say try to keep your stress level to a minimum because stress and fear will only complicate things. Also, I encourage dancing, moving the hips!! It will work the baby down which can also help to dilate the cervix. I hope it works out for you!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• well it also depends on age, I am not sure how old you are but most Dr's wont let women in their mid to late 30's go over 39-40 weeks, jsut saying this may be a factor not sure or any other high risk problems during pregnancy
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with MamaPyratekk and TeaAndrews. There's no reason to rush to a c-section just because baby is "late." As long as he's healthy, there's no reason not to just let him come in his own time. You should consider joining the VBAC moms group for support. (http://www.cafemom.com/group/1540)
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 3:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008