Soy milk

I'm trying my daughter on soy milk to see if it helps with her ear infections. I got the vanilla flavored stuff but she doesn't like it. Right now I'm doing half soy and half milk to see if I can wean her onto it. Any one have luck with this? Maybe I could try soy light? Suggestions?

ferdo0204

Asked by ferdo0204 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • My kids love soy but they don't get cow's milk at all. My older ones had to make the switch and it just took time for them to get used to it. It took maybe a month before they stopped noticing?
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Soy has gotten a lot attention lately but there are some bad things about SOY - one is the natural estrogen that soy contains - I limit the soy intake by my family. But what do you do about formula problems? I found this article for you - it may be good to look more up about it:
    http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/food/soy_story.html
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 11:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thank you for your concern, stannseniors. But I am not talking about taking my daughter off of dairy completely. I am just limiting her milk intake to see if it helps reduce the number of ear infections. So i think she will only be consuming a small amount of soy compared to her overall diet. I am just looking for other options for introducing the soy milk since she is not drinking much.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ;) Those ear infections are a booger....I know some kids just are more prone because their eustation tubes are shorter and don't have enough of a tilt to drain properly....I hope that works for you - I just get nerveous when I hear how popular soy is with kids now....hope I didn't sound too bad...
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 8:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'm doing the same. Switching my 2yr. old to soy, because I was allergic to milk as a baby. I think she may be too. She broke out in a bad rash at Christmas, because of all the milk and choclate. She too, gets a lot of ear aches.

So, whats working for her is the choclate soy milk. She loves it!
    blueyezdream

Answer by blueyezdream at 7:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2009