is this fish ok

i know you not suppose to eat certain kinds of fish more then two servings per week and i wondering if its ok to eat tilipia fish more then twice a week because i eat this type of fish more then two times a week because my famliy tries not to eat alot of meat

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was a seafood fanatic, it's my fav food. Everything for me was fine. I also spent a month in guam when i was prego and fish is pretty much all those women eat, they also eat alo of sushi and their babies were all fine. it's ultimately up to you.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 10:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I thought it was just seafood and salmon that you shouldn't eat that often. Talapia is great I think you can eat plenty of white fish. Check on a health web site to be sure.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I can only eat fish & poultry because hbp runs on bothtises of my family. My mother always ate Tilapia when she was pg w/ my sister & brother. & they're are perectly healthy.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Small fish are generally okay. You want to avoid tilefish, swordfish, shark, and king mackerel. You don't want to OD on albacore tuna, either. Salmon is actually really good in pregnancy. Just try to keep your fish intake at about twice a week, no more. There is SOME mercury in all fish, but the Omega-3s outweigh the very tiny risks.
    Have you experimented with tofu? You can also try garden burgers, and Boca makes some great vegetarian goodies. We don't eat any red meat in our house (including pork), so it's a lot of chicken breasts and ground turkey for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2009