Can pregnant women go snowmobiling while pregnant?

Can you go snowmobiling while pregnant..? I am 24 weeks and just found out on Tuesday that I am pregnant... and before that I went snowmobiling quite a bit this season already.. I live in Wisconsin... gotta love snow!!

Would you go? When my soon to be 1 yr old was in NICU in January one of the NICU nurses (who was pregnant with twins) 6 1/2 months pregnant said she goes snowmobiling all the time ~ she just is very careful... and this is her 5th pregnancy... which all the other pregnancies turned out great...

Amy

amylynn9917

Asked by amylynn9917 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Damn you went a long time without knowing. Anywho I dont see why not, just be safe.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 10:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't, just because if you fall, you can fall really hard. If you're careful, go ahead, but know the risks and weigh them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree! Just be very careful! Women can lift weights, take aerobic classes, swim, bike, jog,etc. right up until their due dates if they are in otherwise good physical condition--just need to MODIFY the programs and slow down as ones due date approaches!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my hubby wouldn't ever let me.. can i ask how you didn't know you were pregnant?? I'm not bashing i'm just always curious how people don't know when they are that far along :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well, i'm not sure what snowmobiling consitst of , or how fast you go, becuase it doens't snow where i live. But i would imagine it is kind of the same as riding the 4-wheeler. Which i did while i was pregnant. I just rode for fun like through the pasture, feeding the horses, or to check the mail. It was't like we were out hotroding and going fast. As long as your just joyriding , i don't see a problem. Just be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i think that you could... when I was 20 weeks i was still out on my quad.. granted, i wasnt going down steep trails i knew there was a possible roll over. My good friend was 8 months pregnant and still skydiving.. it just depends on who you are, and what your level of careful is.. my doctor said that if there was stuff that i was doing well before pregnancy that i could continue because i was careful.. so no jumping the snowmobile.. but a nice gentle ride into the country would be nice... the baby will probably love the bumpy ride.. Have fun.. granted when your 8 months pregnant, i wouldnt advise it, granted, i doubt there will be that much snow...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i wouldnt. i cant risk falling.
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I probably would, I was even gonna go snowboarding becasue I'm pretty good and haven't hurt myself before, but my plans changed and we stayed in fl. But your sitting, dont go to fast that you might not crash, so why not.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It's the risk of falling that is the issue. It's up to you, but is it worth risking your baby? I know it's not recommended, but if you decide to keep going, be as safe as you can be about it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2009