For Christians mainly, but anyone can answer

Jesus said not to deny him, or he would deny you. My question is this. If you post anon, aren't you denying your own voice, therefore, by extension denying him?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no some people just don't want to be searched online or are protecting themselves for safety reasons. it is the internet and there are freaks out there. i guess i take my risk lOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Nope.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would say that is reaching a bit. If someone posts anonymously on a religion question, maybe? But in general, I would say no.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No. And besides I think Jesus is talking about denying God, not denying himself. And I think everyone has the right to protect themselves against personal attack.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Wouldn't your faith protect you?
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on the maturity of the christian. I think new baby christians might not feel confident in their answers as people who might be not new. I dont think its denying Jesus because he knows what is in your heart.

Answer by gemgem at 10:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I dont think so; I think denying Him would be passing the question over even though you really wanted to answer, but something held you back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Are you talking about something imparticular? A question you asked before or something? Jesus said do not deny him - you are never to tell anyone you don't know him (like the apostles after his death on the cross...they denied they knew Jesus). If someone asks you if you are a Christian and you say no or by the way you live. Answering a question anonymously does not count. If someone is being nasty they are not much of a Christian.
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 11:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• no, that's not really what it's about.. BUT for those that bash... it is a sin.. but for those that just want to say something that is TOO private, that they think will help the questioneer, or they know someone on here and they don't want them to read their response, it's not a bad thing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009