Any adivse for dealing with my sisters boyfriend - thank you for your answers- adding a baby makes it harder

When a baby was not involved it was much easier to ignore.

AuntB23

Asked by AuntB23 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not sure I understand. WHY do you need to deal with your SISTER'S boyfriend?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can either continue to ignore him and focus on your sister and the baby or learn to tolerate him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I am sorry - I am new to this forum
    I posted this question earlier
    "Any adivse for dealing with my sisters boyfriend - she just had a baby- he doesnt work we cant stand him.
    He doesnt work - Drives her car all the time - She worked up until the day she went in to have the baby and he has not worked since June - He is rude and loud - She listens to eveything he says - and gets really mad if we question him
    I feel helpless!"
    AuntB23

Answer by AuntB23 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• He is not your boyfriend. Your sister seems to like him. That's all that matter. Even though you know he's a terrible guy. She's the one who has to live with him, not you. Just except that she likes him and try not be around him as much as you can.

Answer by louise2 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• all I can tell you is to be there for your sister and tolerate him while he's around. It may be hard, but you don't want to cause problems between yourself and your sister. You need to be there for when it all hits the fan and she's ready to leave him. You need to be there to voice your opinions and to fight for the best interests of the kids. You need to be her shoulder to cry on when it does go bad and she realizes you were right. I'm sure she will, but love is blind deaf and dumb, and when your caught in the middle its hard. Just keep trucking, keep trying to convince her he's not right for her, and keep her head on the right track even if his isn't. Good luck!! I've been through it for the past 3 years so if you need more advice, feel free to PM me.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Your sister is the one who has to wise up and deal with it. The more you argue against him, the more she will dig in deeper with him because she wants you to be wrong.She wants a good relationship, she wants to be happy, but, putting him down is not the answer. Let her grow up and see it for herself, and be there when the poop hits the fan.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We have been in this situation with my step-daughter. Little know-it-all got pregnant (possibly on purpose). Now we have to deal with this kid no matter if they are together or not because he is the father of her child. We have been welcoming and accepting of the boyfriend. Refusing to accept him would only have driven her closer to him. He isn't a bad guy, just a kid who needs to grow up. but so does she.
    Anonymous