how do you get chocolate milk stains out of clothes?

my DD new clothes got choc milk spilled on them

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 10:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oxy clean!!! I swear by that stuff...it took stains out that had already gone through the dryer and I thought would NEVER come out!! I love it...it's my favorite thing now!
    tuckersmommy22

Answer by tuckersmommy22 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• absolutely HATE chocolate milk stains, or chocolate ICECREAM is even worse!
    I'll be watching and hoping someone can come up with THE answer.

I usually end up tossing in wash with a dash of liquid bleach, even on the darks and colored clothes, if you use "just a bit" that sometimes works, without ruining the rest of the load.
    I guess you could try Clorox for Colored Clothes?
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• haha i just realized i posted this in the wrong section oops
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i am a spray n wash queen. when that doesn't work, I use hydrogen peroxide and let it set and wash. it has helped me w/ blood and grass stains, maybe it will help with choc milk. my husband is bad about not taking off our daughter's clothes before she eats and lets her get chili and veg.soup all over her clothes. sometimes i have to treat and wash and repeat a few times. hope this helps.good luck
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 11:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have found that Dawn dish liquid is the best for food or grease stains...put some on and get in down in the grain of the fabric with your nail...works great for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• its probably a little too late for this if it hasnt happend a minute ago. But I would say run hot water over the stain, put detergent on that spot and throw it in the was
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Chocolate or blood will come out if you soak the garment in the coldest water you can manage. BEFORE you wash it with detergent. Detergent seals in the stain. My nephew is constantly spilling stuff on his clothes and we found that soaking in cold water for a few hours or even over night works beautifully.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 12:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009