late on car payment im so worried. advice needed..

my car payment is like 2 weeks late everytime i went to pay it something happend and dh's check has been small due to no hours or holiday. so havent been able to cover, he will be getting a good check in 2 weeks so i will make sure the car payment is made. im afarid of reposeing, a friend said it was ok though it sucks but i shouldnt be losing sleep ( i am ) she said they would send me a letter first saying pay this amount by x time if not then..... im streesing so bad. we have never been late before. this is my fist. any advice??? sorry this isnt just for fun..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call your note holder. They don't want to take your car, they won't make any money on it if they do.

I'm sure they will work with you if you just call them.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Call the bank and ask to talk to the collections department. If it is that late then most likey the collections department already has the info, but that doesnt mean they will re-posess it. They generally wait a couple months. Just call them and let them know that you are attempting to pay it and that you will very soon. That way they at least know your trying.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• your fine.. my bank gives a 2 week leway period.. it will take more than 2 weeks to repo your car
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• call the bank? my bank or capital one? we went threw capital one auto finance. im just so stressed about it. im not sleeping and everytime i hear someone pull in i jump. thinking no please just wait i just need a little more time.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well capital one then. Whoever you have your loan through that you owe the money to.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Call where you have your car financed.. Talk to them.. Usually if you call and talk to them they will work with you.. IF you are only 2wks late, they won't come get your car. So calm down and get some sleep.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can call them and ask for an extention. They cannot put it on your credit unless it is 30 or more days late. Even if you can give them a little now and the rest later, that looks better then just not paying at all.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Call the car company. I don't know exact details, but usually they can work something out with you.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• thank you so much ladies xo *hugs* im hopeing this will at least let me get some sleep waken up every hour with my heart pounding isent fun. i hate oweing money but this was a bad month. the worst month ever. and it wasent due to x mas. its just bad luck, bad bad luck, and timing i guess.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you have x amount of days to pay your car note before the bank issues you a late fine.

continued....
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 11:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009