Ash Blonde to tone Orange hair?

So I had dark brown hair & I decided to color my hair myself & try to put my hair blonde, well my roots are very blonde but the rest of my hair is light orange!!! So I went to the beauty store & the lady that works there told me to use Ash Blonde with Developer Volume 30 to tone the orange out. Does this really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You'd do well to have a professional fix your hair for you, or you might up with a color you really dont want, or very damaged hair. Those ladies at the beauty supply stores like Sally Beauty, are not hair stylists or color professionals. Going from dark brown to blonde is difficult, as the home kits will only bring out the red that naturally occurs in dark brown hair. I have dark brown hair, & if I wanted to go blonde I would have to have my hair stripped of color, then the blonde shade I'd choose applied over that.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I was always told to never use Ash because it would make your hair a greenish color. I was told that by a hair dresser...now it may have been because of my natural hair color (blonde) but I have always dyed it dark, and she told me to never use an ash color on it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I had this problem! Well sort of. The lady at the store told me to get Dark Blonde with volume 10 and a toner (i think..its in a SMALL bottle and is liquid. you put it on before you color) and my hair turned out GREAT!!

I don't think I would use Ash Blonde eek! But then again....I was trying to go dark anyways. Hmm...
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2011

• I bought the Ash Blonde but I havent used it yet because I'm scared it will go green, I did hear that once. I feel stuck because I don't have the money to go to a salon right now, but I need to do something with this orange hair =/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2011

• good luck with that.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2011