hope this doesnt offend anyone but im curious

why do ppl paint on their eyebrows? i saw a lady at walmart who had their eyebrows painted to make them looked surprised...i couldn't help but laugh, i mean laugh i had to duck into the nearest isle and hold my breath so i wouldn't make a scene, then giggled every time i saw her. i don't get why someone would do that it looks so cheesy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to know this lady (probably in her upper 50s) that did that. What was worse was she had eyebrows. She just bleached them so you couldn't see them and then would pencil in these stupid surprised looking eyebrows. She looked like a freaking clown. I couldn't look at her and not want to laugh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i agree.. i had a friend who did it it just looked soo fake and tacky... i laugh when i see crazy non normal ones too :) lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think the same thing. it looks the worst when it's like a 60 year old woman. I have always wondered the same, why shave them off in the first place?
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• LOL! I agree, too! I live in YUPPYVILLE and A LOT of women where I live do it and they look so tacky! I can understand it if she has cancer and lost her hair or something, but the women here just do it because its the in-thing I guess??
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I guess maybe she was a happy plucker! Oopppppppppps. What do you think about the permanent ones? I want to have my eyes permanently underlined.. but am too scared to do it!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• hey that was my mother you saw!
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I know a lady that I went to church with when I was younger. She had shaved her eyebrows as a teenager, and they never grew back. She ended up getting them tattooed on in her late 20's but had to paint them on before that.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My mom plucked her eyebrows so much that now she doesn't have any. She has to pencil them in. But not like the surprised women though, just normal looking. I don't pluck or wax mine, I'm natural.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Some think it looks good .
    Some overplucked and draw them on to make them look like they have eyebrows.
    My friend overplucked and has none , she hennas fake ones on , it looks hideous but at least its her face not mine.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sometimes people have lost their hair or their eyebrows from various medical problems ( hormones, chemo) so they have no choice but to paint them on.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2009