BF help please

I switched my daughter to formula at 9 weeks, however with all the crap going on about formula, I am interested in finding out how to re-lactate.
How do I go about starting the re-lactation process?
What information can you give me?

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey there, I re-lactated and it's very possible for you to relactate to. Check out Kellymom.com (great info) and PM me if you want to know how I did it. It's really hard but very worth it. I've also written several journals about it. Oh and check out the group " FF moms who want to breastfeed next time or even re-lactate"! Good luck and let me know if you need any more advice.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• How long has it been since you stopped breatsfeeding? As long as it hasnt dryed up, you could just start nursing again and your breast will start producing milk again.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my daughter is 5 months now so I've been dried up for a while LOL
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can google relactation. You will probably need a SNS (supplemental nursing system) and some herbs (Fenugreek, Mother's Milk Tea, etc) to get you going again, but it is possible! As OP said, Kellymom.com is a great place to look into it. Call your local hospital and ask to speak to a lactation consultant.

Congrats mama :~) Way to go!!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When your baby is hungry.... not screaming hungry... nurse her... the more you nurse the more milk you'll produce....
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 1:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree with BabyDio. It's a supply & demand type of deal
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009