Have you used Slimfast?

If you have used Slimfast, can you share you experience? Did it help you lose weight? How long did you use it?

Momtocccd

Asked by Momtocccd at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I used and yes it works. Makes you gassy til you adjust to it. Basically it's just portion control. I wouldn't do it. You can eat anything you want and still lose weight. It's all about portion control.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Body builders will use Slim Fast because it is loaded with Fat and Protein. It can actually make you gain weight. Check out the Nutritional Value on the back of the can and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree, it works ~ but is mostly about portion control.
    My Niece used Slim Fast, and she lost 90+ lbs. She was on it for over a year. Two shakes, and one meal a day, (mostly veggies, and lean meats) She "snacked" on veggies too. No sweets, no soda, and water, water, water. Plus she started to jog, and now she runs marathons!

frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have used it for a few weeks at a time and have lossed weight with it...but you have to do exactly what it says...2 shakes a day and one healthy meal...If you eat more then that you will gain weight because yes like the OP said it will make you gain weight less you follow the strict diet :) I love the milk chocolate one tastes just like a shake...GOOD LUCK!
    Lovechild82

Answer by Lovechild82 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I used Slimfast years ago...maybe 8 years, and it work for alittle while but then I started to cheat on it and gained all the weight I lost back plus some. I didn't think I cheated that bad but you have to stay real strict on it or it make you gain. I think the same results can come from portion control and more exercise like the OP said. Good luck!
    pinkharley79

Answer by pinkharley79 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Don't use slimfast it has WAY too much sugar in it. Just eat 5-6 small meals a day and make them non-processed foods. When you grocery shop, try to stay on the OUTSIDE parameters of the store, you know, where all the fruits, veggies, grains, meats and dairy are.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009