Has the war on terror has contributed to the growing abuse of human rights?

BigMomm4

Asked by BigMomm4 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that pre 9/11 people would be outraged that the TSA was searching peoples afros. I think (and this is not going to be a popular opinion) that the terrorists won. The objective of a terrorist is to inflict terror. Well they did. And we are willing to give up so many rights (the right not to be searched without cause) just to feel the tiniest bit safer. We are willing to let our children be searched and/or subjected to who knows how much radiation all in the name of "safety".
    mamaclairbear

Answer by mamaclairbear at 1:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2011

• Ummmm well, yes, in certain sectors.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2011

• No, but I also don't think there's been a growing abuse of human rights... I think the abuse of human rights has always been widespread and more common than people think. I do think the war on terror has opened some people's eyes to the reality of just how bad it can get or has been in some areas of the world.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 9:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2011

• I agree with mamclairbear, too. I do not approve of the TSA and won't fly on a plane because of the TSA. It is a violation of our constitutional right, being searched without cause. I do not believe the TSA is or can be effective in preventing another terrorist attack. However, I agree with what miss lisa said because these Islamic militants ARE terrorists that not only want to terrorize people that do not agree with them. The abuse of women and children has also been made known because of the war on terror.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2011

• I agree with miss lisa.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2011