When you start baby on fruits & veggies do you feed them at the same time as cereal? And bottle?

What are some of your babies feeding schedules? I need some help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Feed them when you eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• heres my 6 month olds semi schedule...had to adjust wasnt feeding her enough
    Wake up 8 oz bottle
    2.5 hrs later breakfast usually cereal with a 4 oz bottle
    then after her morning nap 8 oz bottle
    2 to 2.5 hrs later lunch usually a veggie or fruit and water
    then dinner a few hours after that usually when we eat and its either a fruit or veggie the opposite of lunch and a 4 oz bottle
    then a bedtime bottlz of 8 oz
    she has just recently increased those 4 oz to 6 oz.. hope that helps
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter is 5months. I feed her a veggie at lunch, then i give her a bottle after. I only give her baby food once a day, but that is what her dr said to do.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Bottle first then the baby food....usually the cereal in the morning for breakfast fruit for lunch and veggie for dinner....my ds is a BIG eater so he gets an additional serving of oatmeal b4 bedtime....he is 7 months...........4oz with meals and 6-8oz in between....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 8:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did cereal mixed with formula (from a spoon and bowl) for breakfast and then a fruit and veg at lunch and again at dinner.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Lord, I don't really remember...hahaha. I know my MIL always gave her breastmilk with her food, reasoning that she would get thirsty while she ate...I pretty much did one or the other at home. I gave her cereal in her bottles at night (so you're not confused, I mostly pumped and fed breastmilk instead of nursing because she was little and I wanted to see how much she was getting) and in the morning I would give her just breastmilk at first and then food or cereal if she was still hungry. I remember mixing jars of fruit and cereal together and she liked that at breakfast. If she refused a bottle, I would try food. Wow...I guess I really didn't have a schedule...lol...I'm being no help.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• For breakfast my kids would always have a 4 oz bottle of milk along with their food, which was normally rice cereal or oatmeal mixed with a couple tablespoons of applesauce, peaches, or banana baby food. Always offer the food before the bottle if you have a picky eater because most babies will accept the bottle over the food. For a snack mine would always have 1/2 to 1 smaller jar of fruit baby food, then another 4 oz bottle. For lunch, one jar of baby food and then later on a 8 oz bottle. Dinner (after 8 months old) was half a jar of meat based baby food with a jar of vegetable and 4 oz milk. Then another 8 oz bottle before bed. I had big eaters lol! But they were always healthy :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2009