When you start baby on fruits & veggies do you feed them at the same time as cereal? And bottle?

What are some of your babies feeding schedules? I need some help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you could feed a little of each at each meal. I always did, but I don't think there is a rule about it. It might help the baby get used to a variety of food at the meals. After a while you'll feed cereal only at breakfast just because cereal at breakfast is probably what you do, and because you'll want to feed fruits, vegetables and meat at other meals, and by that time the baby will be able to eat breads so that will be easier than cereal with the meals.

Answer by Bmat at 11:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• At first I mixed the fruits or veggies with the cereal since they were already used to eating the cereal. I tried to schedule solid feedings about halfway in between bottles so they were a little hungry but not starving (if they were too hungry they only wanted their bottles). For a while I only did one solid feeding a day about mid morning. As they started eating more I started a second feeding of only fruits or veggies without cereal. Eventually we transitioned to a regular breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner schedule.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I started out with cereal (introduction of solids) at supper. After a few days when that was clear...I started vegetables, which I put at supper and moved the cereal to breakfast. (logical to me lol)
    When we ran through all the vegetables, I added fruits at lunch. Once we were through all the fruits, I started mixing things up and adding cereal to the jars to thicken it up. Once they were eating about two stage 2 jars per meal (about 6 months) I would do a fruit and breakfast type jar at breakfast (mixed with cereal), a fruit and veggie at lunch and then a vegetable and dinner combo at supper. They always had a full bottle with their meals. (you drink with your meal, don't you? again..logical to me LOL)

Their meals were with our meals and then snacks and naps fell into place between meals on their own.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We skipped cereal (theres no nutritional value and it made her have REALLY bad gas).
    When she wakes up she has a 6 oz bottle
    3 hrs later she has "breakfast" 1/2 jar fruit and 6 oz bottle afterwards
    4 hrs later she has "lunch" 1/2 jar veggies and 6 oz bottle afterwards
    4 hrs later she has "dinner" 1/2 jar fruit and 1/2 jar veggies, then 6 oz bottle
    If she is up later than usual, i will give her another bottle, but she never finishes it.
    Good luck, and really talk to her ped about skipping cereal. Its just for chewing "training"...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• IMy son normally wakes up arounf 6:30 and he eats a small bottle and goes back to sleep for a little bit. Then after he wakes up we have some cereal and another bottle. Then for lunch and dinner he will have veggies (we havent started fruits yet) and a bottle. A different veggie in the afternoon and in the evening. And then trhoughout the day he also has bottles
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 12:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if your baby is breastfed, or only gets breastmilk. the cereal provides the extra iron needed. if on formula, then not needed
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2009