Is it just me or....?

Do they never make the belly band on maternity pants big enough? I keep getting bigger pants, but they are baggy everywhere else then too tight on my belly. I got some pants that go over my whole belly and those are way more comfortable, but harder to find. I am not willing to pay $50 on a pair of pants I will only wear for 2 months either. Anyone else have this problem?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 11:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I had the same problem during my pregnancies.

I would just cut some of the elastic to make it more comfortable.

I'm with you, paying $50 for a pair of pants for 2 months is ridiculous.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yes i had that problem with my last one, im normally a size 4 and got size 6 maternity pants and b4 i had my DD i had to steal my husbands sweats being i got to 200 lbs...it sucked the legs fit fine with the mat pants but my butt and belly got huge =(
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No, it's not just you!! I switched to sweatpants and they worked for me!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• what my mom did with her pregnancys was just wear her regular pants with them unzipped and a cloth diaper there and a long shirt to cover it up, i tried it with mine and its comffy, but feel weird to have your pants open like that
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You could try cutting the elastic and sewing a couple shoe strings or ties there and making them tie pants. My mother said that she just wore what she had, that in those days you didn't get new stuff. :) I found the big tops covered a lot.

Answer by Bmat at 11:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I usually wore my pre-pregnancy pants with a rubber band wrapped around the button, then looped through the loop. Or you could probably find a good pair of drawstring pants at Goodwill/Salvation Army.

I bought one pair of maternity pants during my second pregnancy. I still wear them and DD is 14 months. The elastic was enough to stay up during my pregnancy, and now I just fold it down so its barely obvious theyre maternity pants :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i found a good pair of pants then cut the button and zipper out and put in a draw string kinda thing. they fit everywhere and were super comfy. even after the baby.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009