when did you stop doing ab crunches?

I know that you should stay off your back while exercising starting around the fourth month of pregnancy, but since your uterus doesn't even emerge from the pelvis until 12 weeks isn't it safe to keep doing ab crunches along with a moderate work out? When did you stop doing them?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 12:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm good question. Not really sure but I can tell you it will start to get more difficult. When you are pregnant your transverse ab muscles separate they start out close together ( II ) then start to stretch out .( I I ) < yes thats my example. hehe. So you doing crunches really will do no good until after you have your baby. and trust me it's hard to get those muscles back to where they are suppose to be.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 12:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I stopped doing them pretty early in the pregnancy. In my first trimester I was really careful since so many things can go wrong, so I didn't really do any. I have been doing pilates for years but stopped doing all the heavy core stuff early on because I was worried. I would hold off on 'em if I were you.
    Anonymous