Yea yea dumb question but..........

ok so my dh got me the wrong hpt. He got me the first response rapid result, not the one you can take 5 days before your period. So of course being impatient, I took one of the tests this morning, when my period is due tomorrow. It came out negative. I have one more test (it was a two pack), so my question is, would one day really make a difference? Could I be negative today and positive tomorrow or Sunday......I am due tomorrow, I mean I have all the pms symptoms---including that sinking blah feeling in my lower stomach. Not exactly cramps, just that yuck feeling---not to mention headaches every morning, and I am exhausted. So I guess I'll just wait---I'm just so sick of all these negative tests and we've only been trying since October!

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• go ahead and take it if you can't wait..if its negative and if then if you start.. you start if you don't then take another
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would wait, even the rapid response should have been able to detect one day before your missed period.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• One day really can make a big difference. The tests are looking for hcg, which doubles every couple of days at the beginning of a pregnancy. Your best bet is to wait until a couple of days after you actually miss your period to test because the hcg should be detectable by then on most tests. You could go ahead and test again tomorrow, but if it comes up negative again you'll still be wondering and probably end up buying another test.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yea very true. I am going to wait and see if I miss it tomorrow. Last month I only had it for 3 days?! Only Saturday thru Monday!!! My system must be a little whacky still. I got off the pill in September and even though my period has been showing up on the day it should (which even surprised my obgyn), the length of the period has been different. I have a first response left and one of those dollar tree tests too. I am going to wait until Sunday.....and if nothing shows up I'll take one then....*sigh*
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Me, personaly, I would wait a week as well. I know its hard to do so when your wondering "am I or am I not?" Be patient, your body will tell you.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My friend who's in the medical field researched and found out that the pregnancy tests at the dollar store are just as reliable as any others, So just know for the future that you can get them cheap there and you won't feel like an idiot spending $13 on something to pee on and having it be negative.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 2:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd wait. I didn't get a positive until a week after my missed period. The early dectection stuff didn't help any.
    Anonymous

• I say wait a week, I know, it kills you to find out, but hey... you'll get there....
    I waited a week, and it was killing me to do the test, and two previous came out negative, and the third one came out positive. So, mabye you want to wait a week, 'cause the early thing didn't work for me either...
    Good Luck!!!
    Hope you are!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 3:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I had invitro. They told me to wait two weeks after the transfer. Needless to say I couldn't wait. I took 2 hpt and both came up neg. But then I had a blood test that came back positive. So I would wait. But sometimes I know It can be hard. It took us 8 months
    Anonymous

• Well I am glad I waited. I got it at work yesterday. A bit bummed out. Been trying since October. Oh well....I guess theres next month. =(
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009