When do babies start to sleep through the whole night?

My baby is 2 months now and she is waking up about twice every night.

LeiAjasmommy

Asked by LeiAjasmommy at 6:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on the baby but i would say most likely after three months on ,my last didnt sleep a full night till after 12months ,sorry i am sure you didnt want to hear that ..lol
    nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• about three months. We use to give her a lavender baby wash bath before bed and also a formula with small portion of gerber cereal rice for baby in her bottle which made her belly full so she would sleep longer thru night.
    aznative77

Answer by aznative77 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would agree with 3 months. I used the powder formula for my kids and I kept bottles of measured water and poured the formula in it and fed them with the lights off so that they would go back to sleep quickly then eventually they would sleep longer and longer until they lasted through the night. I also did the lavender baby wash too. it really works.
    angela8098

Answer by angela8098 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It really varies a lot. Some easy-going babies sleep through the night almost from the start. Some (like mine) are more intense and don't sleep through the night until 6 months or so.

It also depends on what you mean by sleeps through the night...
    The official definition is 5 hours in a row
    Then there's from mommy's bedtime to morning
    And last is baby's bedtime to morning
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Depends on baby , depends on what you're feeding ( formula or breast milk) . By 6 months you can uually expect 6 - 7 hours in a row. at 6 months you can also start rice cereal to help keep her full. Try uping the amount of her pe-bed feeding a bit.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 7:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My daughter started sleep through, the day she turned 3 months. But every baby is different.
    bbkatelyn

Answer by bbkatelyn at 8:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• depends on baby my daughter i got her to start sleeping through the night at 6 weeks
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• depends on the baby mine slept through the night at 5 weeks and some take a few months
    marianarebecca

Answer by marianarebecca at 8:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yeah this is normal for a 2 mth old, normally around 3 to 1/2 months they start sleeping through but all babies are different
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think never. just because my sister didnt sleep the whole night until she was 7 or 8 years old.
    Anonymous