what would be the best way going about getting my duaghter potty trained

she likes doing big girl stuff so i just tell her that the toilet is a princess potty

mrs_cope22

Asked by mrs_cope22 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm at that stage with my oldest daughter and i found that pull ups are crap. unless you are going some where. i just put some underwhare on her and set the potty chair where she could easily see it {like in her play room} so far it has worked and now we are starting to put underwhare on her all the time even when we are going some place. she has gotten real good at telling us that she has to potty but only once & a while she will have an messy pants but that only when she is at another house playing with toys
    tat2edmom06

Answer by tat2edmom06 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• im currently potty traing my 2 yr old daughter and the way i did it was i put a potty in her room and in the living room so she could go when ever she wanted to. i also got her princess pull ups and told her that she didn't want to pee on the princesses because that wouldn't be nice. and i just always ask her if she needs to go potty and when she would go i would make a huge deal out of it so she knew it was ok.
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 12:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I got this tip from a friend. She said to let them run around naked, because then, they have nothing to pee/poop in! And it worked for my daughter! Thats what helped her get trained because she knew better than to pee on mamas floor or furniture lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Learn her potty cues. Look up "Elimination Communication." My daughter uses the potty 90% of the time and she's eight months old. Take her to the potty all the time!! And consistance is the key. Running around naked is also really good. Pull Ups feel just like diapers, so they forget. Don't have any kind of expression when she doesn't make it to the potty in time. That way she doesn't assoicate it with a way to get your attention in a bad OR good way, but praise her a lot for when she makes it. Use the "potty" sign when she goes if she isn't very verbal yet. That way when she has to go she just has to use her sign and you take her. It takes your undivided attention for a few days...... it can't be a "hold on on min" kind of thing..... as soon as she says you gotta take her..... or she'll be peein on the floor! Good luck.... also, they have many potty training forums and groups.... check em out!!
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 1:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did the naked method too. I have a potty in the bathroom and the family room and she can go whenever she likes. For short trips out, she wears paties, for long trips, we use pullups. I do keep an eye on her - if she starts doing the "potty dance", I'll remind her to use the potty but otherwise, I let her decide when to go instead of taking her all the time or on a strict schedule. That part really depends on how old your child is. Younger learner will need to be taken often and at preditcable times. Eventually they will have to be transitioned to full potty training and made responsible for getting there on their own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009