Is it possible for a 10 month old to learn a tune?

My daughter got a toy for xmas that plays the tunes to several nursery rhymes and songs and I swear that when Mary Had A Little Lamb or Teddy Bear Picnic plays, her coos actually follow the notes. Am I hearing things? Is it the hopeful mind of a music minded mom or had anyone else seen/heard of this happening at this age?

BabyLove1982

Asked by BabyLove1982 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't think so... :) you just might have a musician on your hands ;) they repeat what they hear
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I totally think so. My daughter is 3 months and I sing to her before putting her to bed and the last song I sing while walking her to her crib is the same one every night and as soon as I start singing it she starts rubbing her eyes and looking tired, then she goes right down in her crib and doesn't cry at all. I know that she recognizes the song. So I'm sure by 10 months they could start "singing" it too!

How Exciting!
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Totally! When my kid was 2 months, he recognized the "land down under" and it has alway since then soothed/entertained him!
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 1:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• your not hearing things....She's learning...you may have a lil singer on your hands. my first did that at like 9 or 10 months and now like me can hear a song twice and knows all the words!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009