should i donate or do yard sale?

i have lots of baby items some fairly new, and being i cant have kids anymore i want to get rid of them my mom thinks i should have a yard sale but i would rather just donate to mother to mother and have less hassle.

for those who dont know mother to mother is a outreach program for mothers of all ages and income levels, they meet twice a week to do activities like moms do scrap booking and kids are doing thier own thing in another room, like story time or crafts...it all free they also provide awareness and education to all moms...and they take in donations of all kinds to give away to families who need it. i got some stuff there recently for the kids and feel its only right to give back and there are moms who need stuff they cant afford.

would donate or deal with the hassle of a yard sale knowing you probably wont get much $?

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 12:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• craigslist or donate. I'm way too lazy for yardsales.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd do a yard sale, get money for what you can, then donat the rest.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yep that's what I was gonna say. Yard sale then donate. Or if you don't want to go through the hassle of setting up an actual yard sale you could post it all on craigslist.
    Anonymous

• if you don't want to hassle with a yard sale you can freecycle it to a mom that could use it or you can sell the stuff on craigslist.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have seen so many moms struggling this yr-myself included-that I have to say donate to that great group u posted about.Or you could have a sale,donate the money AND the left over stuff. I love that they help educate moms.Besides you know a yard sale doesn't bring in any money unless u price it so low.I will say tho I got a nearly new 119$ car seat for $20 at a yard sale.you could also check w/that group to see if they know a mommy in crisis right now and secretly give it to her. I feel so good when I can give back.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I had a big garage sale with my twins first year baby stuff and we actually took in a lot of money. Still, it was a major hassle and I won't be doing it again. If you are not in need of money I wouldn't bother. If it is in your heart to donate, you will probably feel much better about doing that.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i would do a combo... post on craigslist your items, have them out for a yardsale, and what you don't sale... donate.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would donate. What you put out there comes back to you.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yardsale...in times like these we can always use extra money. What you don't sell, donate.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i think the donation would be the best thing. unless you just need the money from a yard sale don't bother with that. mothers need to help each other.
    cnelson82

Answer by cnelson82 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009