has anyone used chanix?

i have a dr appointment tuesday to get it to quit smoking i was just wondering how long it took for people to stop smoking using it? my dad quit within 7 days of taking it and i was also wondering how long you had to take it still after quitting thanks wendy

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• I AM SOOOO GLAD I TOOK IT! It will be 2 years in Feb. Smoking is very hard to quit. My doctor was very smart about it. It states to plan your stop date, but she said not to. That makes you anxious about that day. You have to want to quit
    After a couple weeks I just decided one day that I was done. I would definately give it a shot.
    AuntB23

Answer by AuntB23 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I took it and hated it! I swear it made me crazy!!! I had really bad dreams when I did sleep. Some nights I couldn't sleep. I knw about 15 people that have used it and not one of them had a good experience with it.
    I think the patches work better and don't have the side effects that the pills do.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't know, I refuse to take it because I have heard horror stories of people having psychotic dreams on it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• how_reb, my husband hated it too, his personalitly totally changed and he said it made it feel weird. He become exteremely irritable and angry. He stopped taking it shortly after he started he just couldnt handle it,but my mother and father inlaw both used it and it worked great for them. I dont remember how long it took them but they have been smoke free for about 8 months now.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• DH got some from his doc. After reading the possible side effects, both of us refuse to take it.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 1:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009