when did you stop breastfeeding?

my daughter is 2 months and he told me that i could stop now.

what do you think?

kacie_plus1

Asked by kacie_plus1 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can stop anytime you want, the longer the better. I just stopped breastfeeding my daughter 2 weeks ago and she will be 2 on the 21st of this month.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you need to do what works best for you. I have four children my first child was breast fed for six months, second child 3 months, with my twins I breastfed them until they were 16 months.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Who told you to stop now? My baby is 6 months old and still breastfeeding. He will until at least 1 year, and maybe longer. We'll see how it goes. I believe the WHO suggests breastfeeding for at least a year. Do you want to stop breastfeeding now? It's up to you. Don't let anyone bully you into stopping if you don't want to. On the other hand, if you do want to stop don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• oh.. sorryyy... my doctor told me. and my mom keeps telling me not to breastfeed because its going to make my boobs sag..... those are her words.
    kacie_plus1

Answer by kacie_plus1 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It's recommended to nurse for 2 years. Genetics make your boobs sag, not breastfeeding. I would keep breastfeeding because it's still the best food for your baby. At 2 months your supply should be well established and you might have a fight on your hands trying to wean if she's not used to formula or bottles. My son nursed just short of 21 months.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Don't listen to your mom. Do what is best for you and your baby.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• DO NOT STOP if you don't want to. This is between you, your baby, and your boobs, not anyone else's.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daugher is eight months old..... she nurses about three times a day and once or twice at night..... it gets sooo much easier the older they are! TRUST ME! and breastfeeding doesn't make your boobs sag..... and so what if they did.... isn't your baby important enough for that? After all... she was important enough to push her out of your woo haa..... and after that things get a little uhh.... different..... but your baby is important to you... so YOU make the decistion.... no one else.....
    Anonymous

• Do NOT LET anyone tell you what to do with your boobs/body. Its your baby, body, etc. You carried the baby for nine months and gave birth so its your call. If you want to wean and switch to formula. Its okay. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone so don't feel guilty for formula feeding. If you don't want to wean, simple as that, don't. It all depends on your comfort level.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Just to fill you in, my son is 7 months and I still breastfeed. Not as much as a used to, but I still do it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009