Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where would you go to rent medical equiptment?

I'm trying to find a place to rent a o2 tester. I have twins who wake up with blue lips and I'm trying to see if it has to do with their lung issues. I've tried getting them to the dr when it happens, but by time I get their they are fine. I know they aren't getting blue lips from being cold, already checked that. So I thought if I could rent a meter/tester I could check their levels first thing in the morning, when this seems to be happening and be able to take the info with me to their pedi.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I know you can rent medical supplies from most medical supply stores, although I'm sure you could talk to your pediatrician and get one through him/her - your insurance might even cover it. I'd talk to the dr first.

    Good luck.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • You should call your insurance company, they might pay for this with a doctors note and then they do have places that they use and could recommend. We had to have a heart monitor for my little one and that's how we got it

    Answer by determind at 1:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • yes, please check with your doctors office. Mention your concerns, they can recomend or supply what you need. My middle son, woke up with blue lips ONCE, I called my doc, they admitted him to hospital for observation. Overall he was fine, but by expressing my concern we checked him out thoroughly. All my kids had breathing / lung congestion when they were little. So we were given a prescription for a nebulizer. Which was luckily paid for under insurance as the $200+ was a bit steep on top of the cost of hospital stay!
    Good luck mom!, I'd be calling the doc if I were you. Can't leave it to others "advice" when it's our little one's health! no offense to anyone for asking questions, or giving answers!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • You are asking about what is called Durable Medical do need a DR to write an order. Some pharmacies have DME (Durable Medical Equipment) and there are ther companies nationwide, like Lincare and Apria that do too.

    You have talked with your DR it sounds like, but it would be a good idea for them to maybe tr some testing of some sort...apnea monitor, oxygen saturation checks, that type of could even asked to see a pediatric specialist to get their opinions...

    Answer by nmwmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.