Jewelry Cleaner

What do you use to clean your gold and diamond jewelry? Is there anything you use from around the house, or do you buy a specific jewelry cleaner? I'd rather use a homemade cleaner. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

CookieMom108

Asked by CookieMom108 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yep, I've heard both, toothpaste and baking soda! Works for me! Use a soft toothbrush... "
    Here's a GREAT website:

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/1-11-2006-86054.asp

How to clean jewelry if you don’t have a jewelry cleaning solution is as simple as raiding your own home supplies. Some home jewelry cleaning tips include making a solution for you. Some popular home made jewelry cleaner solutions are made up of toothpaste, toothpaste and baking soda, baking soda and liquid dish cleaner, a mix of baking soda and warm water also does the trick. Car wash soap and wax and Mr. Clean also can give your jewelry a shine. These are handy if you need to clean your jewelry in a hurry. Remember to always use a soft brush when cleaning and to rinse your jewelry thoroughly before buffing. "
    bupkie

Answer by bupkie at 1:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I've used baking soda. It seems to work pretty well for me.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Toothpast and soft toothbrush works GREAT!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009